Interview With Alex Smith of Ideas On Paper For Wellspring
This week on Wellspring we to experience a day in the life of an indie bookshop owner, as we meet creative entrepreneur and founder Alex Smith of Ideas On Paper.
Alex Smith is the founder and owner of Ideas on Paper, an independent shop offering a thought-provoking and collectable selection of magazines, journals, and books in Nottingham, England.
You’ll find Independent titles on fashion, art, culture, design, business, economics, food, wine and travel, are complemented by a range of stationery, enabling you to get your ideas on paper. In this interview, we chat about Alex’s journey from working in Londons Harrods to opening his iconic bookshop.
Ideal listening for anyone out there who ever dreamed of opening a bookstore, or any creative outlet.
A Day In The Life OF A Bookshop Owner: Alex Smith of Ideas On Paper For Wellspring
- Be inspired by great books but also become a creator yourself
- Get your own ideas on paper
- Job hopping v’s building your own portfolio of experience
- Less Radio 4 and more Radio 3
- Microtrends, micro-communities and niche interests
- The ins and outs of running and book shop / creative shop and living from your Wellspring
Follow Alex and His Work
You can visit the Ideas On Paper Store at: First Floor, Unit 4b Cobden Chambers, Pelham Street, Nottingham, NG1 2ED.
If you enjoyed this interview you might also like to subscribe to the Wellspring podcast on Spotify.