Gazpacho Style Cucumber Noodles Recipe
This gazpacho style cucumber noodles recipe is a quick, healthy and cooling lunch option that require zero cooking time.The recipe is inspired by my love of spiralised cucumber and the chilled gazpacho soup my grandma makes at her house in Spain. Gazpacho is a cold tomato-based summer soup — really lovely!
If you want to add a bit more oomph to it, you might like to add a portion of cooked white beans, such as cannellini beans or white kidney beans.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley
- 1 thumb of ginger
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (this can be substituted for 5 hand-chopped large tomatoes)
- 1 small handful of black pitted olives
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
Utensils: I used a Spiraliser and a food processor to make this dish, however, if you have neither that is ok too. You can Spiralise the cucumber (i.e.: prepare the cucumber so that it looks like spaghetti) using a potato peeler. You can also chop the spinach and parsley by hand if you don’t have a food processor. I have a plastic spiraliser which I bought on the internet for under £10.00 (Shop)
How to make it
1. Spiralise the two cucumbers by hand with a peeler, or using a Spiraliser, and place in a large bowl. Set it to one side.
2. Add the spinach, chopped ginger and parsley to the food processor and blend until it turns into a well chopped green mix, almost like big green confetti.
3. Next, add the green spinach mix to the bowl of cucumber noodles and stir well.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and olives to the mix and stir well
5. Season with fresh black pepper and a little freshly squeezed lemon juice. Sometimes I like to add a drizzle of olive oil to the mix too.
Et voila! Or should I say, ¡ahí está! You now have a fabulous cold summer noodle/soup dish!